QuickBooks is amongst the popular accounting software out there. Created and managed by Intuit, they are aimed at small to medium sized establishments. It offers both on-premises and cloud based versions. The primary functions of the software are processing payments, manage bills and payroll. More and more businesses have incorporated the software over the years. Ease of use and mobility has appealed to the users. Though being easy to use, the software does every accounting task there is. Even to a small sized business, it makes a large difference. With its increasing popularity, quickbooks Kenya has become a trending buzzword.
Steps involved in QuickBooks Repair:
- Create a backup for your company QuickBooks files. It can be done on the QuickBooks interface. File> Backup Company> Create Local Backup> Local backup would lead you to Backup Options window. Browse to select location for saving your backup. For the backup process to begin, choose Save it Now and click Finish.
- Exit all programs running in your desktop including QuickBooks.
- Browse to Control Panel, using Start button.
- Find and select Programs and Features. When prompted, choose Uninstall a program.
- Browse to QuickBooks. Right click and select Uninstall/Change.
- When prompted, follow Continue> Next. This step may be mandated respective of operating system.
- Finally hit Finish and follow up by restarting your pc.
- Download latest version of QuickBooks to get payroll updates.
These steps would require few tweaks for different operating systems. For instance you would have to repeat the sixth step twice in windows XP. In Windows 8, you might even skip the sixth step, unless prompted. The Repair is performed by the Installation Wizard. So, when you constantly see references to Installation Wizard, there should be no confusion. While performing Repair, you may encounter error messages. Troubleshooting the common errors is a straightforward task. The most common error message would be ‘Files in Use’. Follow these steps mentioned below, if you receive such error messages.
- Always click Ignore against error messages and hit OK. It may prompt an immediate reboot at times.
- When it doesn’t work, you may have to click Ignore multiple times. It’s the only way to resume Repair.
- When the Ignore button disappears, hit Close. Once the repair is successfully complete, restart your pc.
As you would understand from these steps, creating backup is mandatory to perform a QuickBooks Repair. In the improbable event where the Repair didn’t work, try uninstalling and reinstalling QuickBooks.