Industries use different types of filters all the time. Vertical pressure leaf filter is one of those. This type of filter is widely used in industries. It is highly useful in filtration of slurry. In this article, will discuss about the advantages of using vertical pressure leaf filter in industries.
Vertical Pressure Leaf Filter
Vertical pressure leaf filter is mounted on four legs. The internal leaves are mounted on manifolds. There are eye bolts and devit for opening and closing the filter. There is also devit arm for the rotatable arrangement. The pneumatic vibrator system is provided on the top of filters to discharge the cake. Therefore, there is no need to open the lid during this process. The cake can be removed as two types.
- Dry Type: The cake is removed with the help of a high frequency vibrating system. Then, it is drained through the outlet located at the bottom.
- Wet Type: The cake is removed by spray jets mounted on a horizontal oscillating device. This device has variable speed. It cleans the whole filtering surface with strong blade jets.
Application of Vertical Pressure Leaf Filter
Here are the main applications of vertical pressure leaf filter.
- Produced water.
- Vegetable oil.
- Process water.
- Amine solution.
- Bleaching earth/ activated carbon.
- (Bio) diesel.
- NaCl and KCl Brine.
- Crude oil.
- Completion fluids.
- Amine MEA.
- Frac fluids.
- Fatty acid.
- Waste water.
- Catalyst recovery.
- Work over fluids.
- Liquid Sulphur.
- Beverage industry.
- Surface water intake.
- Wellbore clean up fluids.
- Pickle liquor.
- Pipeline flushing.
- Zinc and Manganese Sulphate.
- Gravel pack fluids.
- Bulk drugs.
- Electrogalvanizing solution.
- Sea water.
- Lithium processing.
Advantages of Vertical Pressure Leaf Filter
The advantages of vertical pressure leaf filter are described below.
- It saves labor charge.
- There are no moving parts.
- The filtrate rate is high. Therefore, the daily production is increased.
- It uses no cloth. Therefore, the recurring expenses reduce drastically.
- It produces a high filtrate clarity.
- The maintenance cost is very low.
- There is no loss of oil in filter clothes.
- It is easy to operate.
- It is suitable for all kinds of filter aids.
- The construction of this filter is simple and sturdy.
- It also has compact and light weight design.
- It is a completely closed system.
- This filter is saving in space requirement and structural cost.
- The cleaning time between filtration cycles is limited.
- There is no mess in cake discharge.
- There is no wastage of steam in cake drying operation.
- It is totally indigenous.
- It is suitable for both dry and wet cake discharge.
- It has automatic washing system.
- There are safety railings, ladder, and service platform.
- The pressure drop across the leaves is minimum.
Vertical pressure leaf filter is very useful in industries. Its wide range of applications and advantages prove that.